Selantro is looking for a Senior Scientist whose exceptional expertise and experience will lead them to conduct discovery projects in the field of new energy storage materials and devices.
The Senior Scientist may be assigned some or all the following responsibilities:
- The candidate is expected to assist other scientists and engineers in the team in designing and executing the electrochemical experiments and in characterizing materials, electrodes and other cell components and cell design.
- Perform materials characterization using a variety of methods including thermal analysis, mechanical testing, electron and optical microscopy, rheology, spectroscopic tests.
- Utilize electrochemical techniques such as voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, and reliability tests to characterize, understand and improve the performance of the electrodes.
- Use electrical control and integration systems for different cell designs in incorporation into devices
- Assist in collecting data and writing of patent inventions associated with the development of new products.
- Perform the synthesis of energy materials, nano-composite formulations, coating processes and film characterization in lab safely by following all safety protocols;
- Analyze and interpret analytical data to elucidate the material structure and purity;
- Independently develop and validate analytical methods to determine property and purity of prepared energy storage materials.
- Develop specialized scientific techniques to advance projects at all phases of development of energy storage materials and devices.
- Advance research techniques, evaluate and optimize the nano-composite formulations for thin film coating.
- Perform thin film coating, process development and film characterization; and analysis to study the structure-property relationship of the films.
- Develop or improve slurry and coating characterization techniques to determine formulation-performance relationships and offer chemical and cell level corrective strategies.
- Assisting the engineering team to conduct scientific and industrial development of new materials and protocols for electrode assembly with emphasis on how the materials and processes impact cell performance.
- Develop and improve safety practices, methods, or standards to exceed or meet the regulatory and corporate standards for safety.
- Review and write standard operating procedures for analytical development.
- Assist in the supervision of less experienced chemists and technicians in the team. Provide other support as needed to help maintain an efficient development lab.
- Assist in grant writing by communicating ideas and results internally across multiple teams.
Minimum Skills and Requirements
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Engineering or related field with a focus on electrochemistry.
- Minimum of 3 years of related research experience in formulating, testing and trailing energy technologies.
If you recognize yourself in this description and are looking for your next challenge, send us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org