Electrical and electronics engineering technologists
We are searching for a passionate, reliable electronics engineer to join our growing company. The electronics engineer’s responsibilities will include but not limited to design, develop, install, operate and test equipment and systems. Build and test prototypes. Conduct research with scientists and engineers and write specifications and technical reports.
Appointee should – Speak, write and read English. Read and interpret blueprints, maps and electrical schematics. Have strong mathematical skills. Have good attention to accuracy and detail. Use computer-aided design (for example, AutoCAD). Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and email software.
Experience and track record in assembly and reverse engineering of electronic systems and experience in working in/with energy storage systems and integration in varied end uses will be an added advantage.
- Sizing and determining the number of cells required, connection requirements (series and parallel connections of the cells), voltage and current requirements for the portable power device to be suitable for the said function.
- Design, construction and testing of a cell Balancing circuit.
- Design, construction and testing of charging circuit that can accept a range of input voltages for charging the portable energy storage device.
- Design, construction and testing of a circuit that can regulate the discharge of the portable power device to make it suitable for the said function
- Compare the performance of the designed prototypes to commercial products on the market
- Observing existing processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Developing effective maintenance, testing, and quality control procedures.
- Showing initiative and keeping up with advancements in Electronics.
- Risk analysis
Electronics Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar.
- Master’s degree preferable.
- A relevant license may be required.
- Practical experience with design software.
- Experience in design recommended.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Excellent research and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to work overtime if required.
If you recognize yourself in this description and are looking for your next challenge, send us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org